Friday, September 23, 2011

Using pump to add water to aquarium during water changes?

I have a 180 litre aquarium which I do a 50% water change on every week. I have a siphon for sucking up dirt and extracting water from tank into a bucket. However I find it difficult when using buckets to refill the tank. Unfortunately I cant use the Python product.



I was wondering if it was possible to buy a water pump and connect large plastic tubing to it and then put that in the bucket and pump water back into the tank.
Using pump to add water to aquarium during water changes?
I suppose that would work but you need to use water conditioner before you put the water into the tank, otherwise the chemicals in the water (chloride etc) will change the water quality and water chemical levels in the tank.



in short - yes if you use water conditioner
Using pump to add water to aquarium during water changes?
You can do that, just buy a water pump with at least 500 gph, otherwise the pump may not be powerful enough to pump the water through the hose and/or you don't want it to take too long to pump. Also, buy a new garbage can to prepare your water. This will allow the water to age as well as give you a bigger %26quot;bucket%26quot; to pump from.
http://aquariumfish.us.to/
  • ittwit
  • excel
  •