Friday, September 23, 2011

I have a ticking in my 2003 Hyundai Elantra could it be the water pump?

I have a 2003 Hyundai Elantra. I just took it to the shop because I could hear a ticking sound in the engine. The place told me that they %26quot;think%26quot; that it could be the timing belt needs replaced and also when the timing belt is changed the water pump needs to be replaced as well. Any suggestions? They also quoted me about $450. Does this sound right?
I have a ticking in my 2003 Hyundai Elantra could it be the water pump?
no, thats more than what the car is worth...



push it to the junkyard and get a certified used car.



the time of the hyundai is over and more problems will come out of it if you keep it
I have a ticking in my 2003 Hyundai Elantra could it be the water pump?
i have the same thing on my protege 5 and when i pull over the cover i seen a bad idler pulley cost me around $20 but i do the job myself

if you are gona pay for it you have to take out the timming belt so the price is fair...
With out being able to hear the ticking it could be one of the hydralic lifters that operate the valves

Very little to worry about if is this Does it go away when you rev the engine up

News to me that the water pump need to be replaced when you do the cam belt
The timing belt can be causing this ticking if the belt is streching but there is still a chance the your valves will need to be adjusted, i'm curios as to where your from if your close I can do it alot cheaper than that and I'm a Hyundai certified mechanic if you want to email me Id be happy to save you some money and make some money in the process