Friday, September 23, 2011

Chevy cavilier changed my water pump and took out thermostat why are my spark plugs wet and the car wont start?

I just want my car to work again and now there is water in the spark plugs and it wont start what is the cheapest way to take care of this
Chevy cavilier changed my water pump and took out thermostat why are my spark plugs wet and the car wont start?
Sounds like a blown head.
Chevy cavilier changed my water pump and took out thermostat why are my spark plugs wet and the car wont start?
I hope you replaced your thermostat. Make sure everything is connected back correctly. Double-check each bolt. You need to clean off all old gasket material before applying the new gasket and part. Your car should still start even if you worked on the radiator and water pump, etc... Dry everything off real good and try again. Get it started and look for leaks.



Yeah, if your head gasket is blown that is a problem. The cylinder head is bolted to the engine block. If that gasket goes, you'll have lost of power and worse eventually. You may have cracked your cyclinder head. Fixing it is a big job best left to mechanics.