Friday, September 23, 2011

I just replaced a water pump on a 1994 dodge ram 1500. What should I charge for labor?

What should I charge for labor? It was an involved job, I've changed many water pumps but this was one of the more difficult that most I have done. I do tons of side jobs but feel like i'm cutting myself short sometimes. What would be a fair price for labor on this vehicle. I can't imagine a shop would let you leave for under a couple hundred in labor, so I figure 80 bucks may be fair?? What do you think?
I just replaced a water pump on a 1994 dodge ram 1500. What should I charge for labor?
I would say about $150



Especially if you have to pull the radiator
I just replaced a water pump on a 1994 dodge ram 1500. What should I charge for labor?
shouldn't the price of the job been settled on before you did any work.80 is too cheap.150 is more like it.But what if the owner doesn't like that price.The cars already fixed!!!!!oh oh!!
You could charge by the hour like shops do. The ones around here (dealers) charge a lot - $75/hr. just for labor alone. Seems like $80 would be very fair, especially if it was a tough job. You didn't mention how long it took to do it. You could call a dealer nearby and ask what they would charge, so if the owner gets upset at what you charge, you could tell them how much it would have been at the dealer. You provided a service that the owner wouldn't or couldn't do, so don't sell yourself short, especially for a really good job!
A WATER PUMP TAKES ABOUT 2-3 HOUR JOB.SHOP'S CHARGE ABOUT 75-95 DOLLARS A HOUR PLUS PARTS.SO 240.00 TO 160.00
you can easily charge around 65 bucks an hour and not be questioned over it,i know how hard those are to change,i usually go by the hour on those because of the complications involved with doing some of them,id go with 65 bucks an hour that's a fair way to price it,and don't forget to mark up your parts other wise you loose money on them unless the customer bought them,good luck with it.,,PS if your going to do this for a living or even part time make sure you get paid for it,the book time on some of these jobs isn't worth the paper its written on,the engineers don't take this in to consideration when they make up the labor rates on these jobs,good luck.
most shops charge about 80 an hour
It takes about 1.5 to 2 hours. But this is for an experienced tech. Unless you had unexpected trouble, I would charge for 2 hours. about 80 bucks is fair. You don't want to run you're business off just because this was the first pump you did on this type motor. You need to get a book telling you how much time it normally takes to do a job. And don't cut you'reself short either. They can have you do it for $80 labor or they can take it to a dealer for twice that much.......at least. Where I live they charge $85 an houre!
i would say about 85
I'd say at least $100.00!
it calls for 1.7 hours and can be done in a little over a half hour. if i was doing it on the side i wouldn't charge more than 40.
  • shared web hosting
  • layouts for myspace
  •