Friday, June 3, 2011

When changing a water pump do I need to take out the radiator?

I have a 96 Dodge Intrepid 3.5 L . I thinking of trying to change the water pump. Was wondering if I had to take out the radiator or will it be enough clearance to do it without taking out the radiator.|||Not familiar with that particular one but on most cars the pump can be removed without removing the radiator. I%26#039;d try it. You can always back up and remove the radiator if the clearance is insufficient.|||No you dont have to take out the radiator but you might change the timming belt.|||take it out, it will give you much more working space and you will only damage it if you try without.|||I can%26#039;t see why you would. That%26#039;s a front wheel drive car right? The engine sits sideways so the water pump would be on the passenger side of the car.|||no ,there%26#039;s no reason to remove the radiator unless you just want to,it wont be in the way of replacing anything on the front of the engine,good luck.