Friday, June 3, 2011

Changing out the water pump, what else should I replace while I have all that disassembled?

95 mazda 626 LX





I just want to know the names of the parts so I can go buy them, and if they need replacing I%26#039;ll have the part handy and not have to go back and forth to the store. I can always return what I don%26#039;t use.





I%26#039;m not doing this alone, a more mechanically inclined friend offered to help.|||if the old pump is still on you should also drain and flush the cooling system. there is always debris and loose corrosion in the system that you dont want inside your new pump.|||you might as well change the timing belt while it,s torn apart. that way you know the belt is good.|||put new upper and lower radiator hoses on it as well as a new thermostat|||If there is a timing belt on that engine it should be replaced.